Home Forums evive and its features Motors not working with evive Firmware

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Verma 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dhrupal93
    Keymaster

I have one of the Evive learning kits and am generally happy with it but the two motors do not function. I’ve tried using the Evive firmware to drive the motors and also programatically through the a sketch. I can hear the pwm circuit change frequency but there is zero movement from the motor. Does it need an external power source?
    LEDs of M1 and M2 are working.
    -E Walker

dhrupal93
    Keymaster

Just a follow up on earlier – seems like there is very little power available to the motors, one hardly turns. Any way to increase the amount of power available from the pwm output?

-E Walker

Pankaj Verma
    Participant

I think you need to charge evive either using USB cable (Please put evive in Power EXT mode and the orange indicator LED will glow) OR connect any DC charger. Full charging takes about 6-8 hours. evive can run 2 DC motors upto 2 hours. It can give output current of ~1A max and ~5V.
    In case, you have any battery, than you can use that also for more power. [For more power with external battery, please put the JP1 Jumper on VSS side (located above touch pin female headers).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.